Guidelines for Interviews and Other On-Camera Appearances
- Do not wear your helmet for any on-camera interviews. Either remove your helmet or have a character without a helmet speak on camera.
- Represent yourself as a fan, costumer, and member of the 501st or Rebel Legion (preferred) and/or Cloud City Garrison or Kashyyyk Base. Don’t play/act the part of your character; that implies you’re officially representing Disney, LFL, or the Star Wars brand. Do not participate in an interview “in character.”
- You never have to participate in an interview if you don’t want to. Politely decline as necessary.
- Stress that our costumes are handmade.
- Avoid controversial topics like politics and religion.
- Be positive! Promote the Legion and other Star Wars costuming groups in a positive light.